- Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 350g (12¼oz) lean braising steak, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 8 shallots, halved
- 4 rashers Weight Watchers Extra Trimmed Unsmoked Back Bacon, chopped
- 600ml (20¼fl oz) beef stock (made with 1 cube)
- A handful of shredded cabbage
- 100g (3½oz) wholewheat giant couscous
- Fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180°C/fan 160°C.
Mist a casserole dish with cooking spray and place over a high heat.
Add the braising steak and fry for 5 minutes, stirring. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Mist the pan with cooking spray and add the carrots, shallots, and Weight Watchers Extra Trimmed Unsmoked Back Bacon. Fry, stirring, for 6–8 minutes.
Return the beef to the pan with the stock. Cover, bring to a simmer, then cook in the oven for 1 hour.
Remove the dish from the oven and simmer on the hob, uncovered, for 8–10 minutes.
Add the cabbage.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to packet instructions, then garnish with the parsley.
Divide between 4 plates and serve with the stew.