- 4 medium Aubergine, sliced into 1 cm thick rounds
- 4 spray(s) Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 1 medium Onion(s), peeled and chopped roughly
- 200 g Extra Lean Beef Mince (5% fat), raw
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 can(s) (large) Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (level) Ground Cinnamon
- 6 sprig(s) (fresh) Parsley, fresh, chopped
- 200 g Fat Free Natural Fromage Frais
- 100 g Weight Watchers Quark
- 1 teaspoons (level) Smooth Mustard, French
- 1 medium (raw) Egg, whole,
Pinch of salt and pepper to season
to Gas Mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180°C and lay the aubergine slices on baking trays. Season, spray with the cooking spray and bake for 15–20 minutes until golden and nearly dried out.
Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with the cooking spray and sauté the onions and garlic for 5 minutes, adding a couple of tablespoons of water if they stick. Add the meat and stir to break it up and brown all over.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, cinnamon, parsley and seasoning. Bring to the boil and then simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until thick.
Meanwhile beat together the fromage frais, quark, mustard and egg in a small bowl.
In a large ovenproof dish, layer the aubergines with the mince mixture. Pour over the cheese sauce and bake for 45 minutes until the top is bubbling and golden.